I've done a compilation of End-of-Year lists made by various Music Critic websites, sourced from Album of the Year. All up, there are 41 lists. There is a LOT of variation, with an overall 266 albums making the Top 20s of these various lists.
To make some sense of this huge list, my scoring is as follows:
- Ranked 1-5 = 4 points
- Ranked 6-10 = 3 points
- Ranked 11-15 = 2 points
- Ranked 16-20 = 1 point
For numbers 50 to 20, check out my other post.
Here are the Top 20:
20 (tied). Lorde - Pure Heroine (27 points)
20 (tied). John Grant - Pale Green Ghosts (27 points)
19. Janelle Monae - The Electric Lady (29 points)
18. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork (31 points)
17. Jon Hopkins - Immunity (33 points)
13 (tied). Danny Brown - OLD (35 points)
13 (tied). Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away (35 points)
13 (tied). Savages - Silence Yourself (35 points)
13 (tied). The Knife - Shaking the Habitual (35 points)
12. Kurt Vile - Wakin' on a Pretty Daze (38 points)
11. Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap (39 points)
10. David Bowie - The Next Day (41 points)
8 (tied). Arctic Monkeys - AM (44 points)
8 (tied). HAIM - Days are Gone (44 points)
7. My Bloody Valentine - m b v (46 points)
6. The National - Trouble Will Find Me (48 points)
5. Disclosure - Settle (49 points)
4. Arcade Fire - Reflektor (52 points)
3. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories (54 points)
2. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City (78 points)
1. Kanye West - Yeezus (95 points)
Thank you to all the websites that provided End-of-Year lists, and to Album of the Year for providing an easy-to-use summary.
Here is the working done to get this final list, using good ol' Google Docs.
So, what's your Album of the Year?